Company Fact Sheet
e-Classifieds, a division of Hagen Software Inc., provides web-based classifieds solutions to publishers, television stations, media companies, city guides, online communities, career listings, auto dealers, real estate marketplaces, organizations, colleges and universities, and other leading web sites.
To be the premier provider of web-based classified ads solutions for businesses and organizations worldwide.
When Philip Hagen started working on the Internet in the mid 1990's, he knew it was going to change the way people would live and work. In 1997, Phil, an attorney and self-taught programmer, began developing a classifieds section for a local community guide web site that he owned. Soon after, web site builders were asking Phil if his program was for sale. Then he met Mona Sehgal, who was working at MCI at the time. She quickly saw the opportunity to work with smaller, more innovative companies. Since then, e-Classifieds has become the leading provider of web-based classifieds software.
e-Classifieds Products and Services
At e-Classifieds, we believe that every web site should be able to utilize easy-to-use, but advanced interactive tools. As such, we provide a range of products from entry level to high-end versions to meet the needs of any business.
- e-Classifieds Free Edition
- e-Classifieds Lite Edition
- e-Classifieds Basic Edition
- e-Classifieds Photo Edition
- e-Classifieds Standard Edition
- e-Classifieds Professional Edition
- e-Classifieds Commerce Edition
- e-Classifieds Premium Edition
- e-Classifieds Corporate Edition
- e-Classifieds e-Personals Edition
- e-Classifieds e-Properties Edition
- e-Classifieds e-Vehicles Edition
- e-Classifieds e-Jobs Edition
e-Classifieds offers the most advanced features needed to create and manage a classifieds service. Features include the following:
- Hassle-free installation
- Portability to virtually all web servers
- Security checks
- Spam Guard for blocking spamming
- Sophisticated interface and layout design
- E-mail support
- Customization of layout and features
- Scalability to millions of ads
- Browser-based administrative controls
- Fee-based classifieds support
- Seamlessly integrated real-time credit card processing
- Private messaging system for privacy e-mail
- Auto-Notify e-mail agent
- Powerful database and searching capabilities
- Photo, sound, and video uploading
- Banner Ad module
- Ability to set up affiliate web sites
- International format support
- Zip code radius searching
e-Classifieds' numerous benefits include the following:
- Licensee retains ownership of the customer relationship
- Creates new potential revenue streams
- Creates interest in your web site
- Keeps traffic on your web site
- Promotes repeat visitors and retention of visitors
- Adds more interaction and builds community space
- Provides automated way to allow users to develop content for your site
- Allows you quicker time to market
- Delivers advanced technical capabilities
- Delivers cost savings associated with end-to-end automated web-based processes
- Requires no commissions or ad revenue sharing fees
- Scales to millions of classified ads
- Provides you immediate access to products with years of research and development experience
Customers and Target Markets
Hundreds of thousands of web sites around the world have purchased or downloaded e-Classifieds. e-Classifieds customers include the following:
- Television stations
- Newspapers and magazines
- Professional sports teams
- Personal ad and matchmaking services
- Real estate marketplaces
- City guides and community sites
- Employment listing sites
- Auto dealers
- Collectors and hobbyists
- Business-to-business trading communities
- Companies interested in creating classified sections in order to attract long-term users to their web sites
- Leading organizations
- Colleges and universities
Technology and System Requirements
There are absolutely no system requirements for the on-demand versions of e-Classifieds. You don't even need a web server or hosting account. The software is installed and hosted for you. Tech support, upgrades, and hosting are all included free forever.
Operating Systems: Unix, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008, and Linux
Minimum Disk Space Required: 56k to 3MB*
Minimum Memory Required: 32MB for web server*
- The web server must have Perl 5 installed and functioning properly, although this is usually not an issue, as virtually all modern web servers already have Perl 5 installed.
- The ability to upload files to your server using FTP or some other method
- The ability to run your own CGI programs on the server
- A mail program such as Sendmail, qmail, Exim, Blat, Windmail, or a local SMTP server
* Disk storage and memory requirements vary widely depending on the version of e-Classifieds being used, the number of classified ads, how various options are set, and transaction volumes.
The pricing for the on-demand versions of e-Classifieds is based on the version, with a setup fee and a monthly fee. These prices include free installation, free hosting forever, free tech support forever, and free upgrades forever. Volume discounts are available.
|Version||Setup Fee||Monthly Fee*|
* Based upon 24 month plan.
The pricing for the distributed versions of e-Classifieds is based on the version, with a one-time license fee. These prices do not include the costs for installation, hosting, upgrades, or ongoing tech support, which are all additional. Volume pricing is available for 50 or more licenses.
|Lite Edition||Unix/Linux, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008||US$49|
|Basic Edition||Unix/Linux, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008||US$79|
|Photo Edition||Unix/Linux, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008||US$99|
|Standard Edition||Unix/Linux, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008||US$199|
|Professional Edition||Unix/Linux, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008||US$349|
|Commerce Edition||Unix/Linux, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008||US$699|
|Premium Edition||Unix/Linux, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008||US$999|
|e-Personals Edition||Unix/Linux, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008||US$1,499|
|e-Properties Edition||Unix/Linux, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008||US$1,499|
|e-Vehicles Edition||Unix/Linux, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008||US$1,499|
|e-Jobs Edition||Unix/Linux, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008||US$1,999|
Phil Hagen - CEO and Founder
Mr. Hagen is responsible for the company's strategic vision and the development of its products and services. Prior to founding Hagen Software, he developed e-Classifieds, the world's most popular and powerful suite of classified ads software programs. Previously, he also launched the popular Washington, D.C. Registry, a local online guide for the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Mr. Hagen is also a licensed attorney. He has extensive experience in developing and designing Internet-based technologies.
Mr. Hagen holds a B.S. in Economics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a J.D. from the Cornell Law School.
Mona Sehgal - President
Ms. Sehgal is responsible for the direction and execution of e-Classifieds' strategic business development and marketing strategy. She has been a strategic marketer in the high-tech industry for over 10 years working for such companies as NYNEX, MCI, and Concert Communications. Previously, she was a Principal of InQubator.com, an investor and incubator of Internet start-ups, and President of NetVenturer LLC, a consulting company for Internet and telecommunications new ventures. Her past projects include developing MCI's initial strategy into multimedia, designing the original marketplaceMCI, and serving on one of the MCI/BT merger teams.
Ms. Sehgal holds a B.S. in Marketing and Management from the Stern School of Business at New York University and a Masters of International Affairs in International Business and Marketing from Columbia University.
E-mail: Contact Ms. Sehgal