e-Classifieds Photo Edition
Ads come alive with more photos!
From $11.96 per month
Why Choose the Photo Edition?
Quite simply, as its name implies, the Photo Edition excels at handling photo ads. For example, unlike other low end classifieds software programs, the Photo Edition allows you to specify the maximum height and width in pixels that you will allow for photos that are uploaded to your site. This is very important in preventing users from uploading extremely large graphics that then distort the ad displays. Other programs do not have this feature. The Photo Edition also allows the administrator to turn off the photo uploading feature if you ever need to do so to conserve disk space, block a spammer, or for any other reason. The program also allows you to display photos in four different formats (full size, as thumbnails, as icons, or not at all), and the HTML for the photos is generated dynamically for smaller data file sizes, greater speed, and better scalability (other low end systems actually store all of this HTML in the ads database, resulting in much slower search times).
The Photo Edition also adds a sophisticated context-sensitive help feature that the Basic Edition (as well as all other classified ads systems on the market) does not have. This feature is intelligent enough to display the appropriate help screen, depending upon what type of action the user is undertaking (searching, posting, etc.). It also uses popup windows so that the user can read the online help without having to leave the screen where they were at when they needed the help.
In fact, the Photo Edition also contains a wealth of sophisticated features that other low end imitators can't match. These are the types of features that aren't always readily apparent upon first glance, but as you use and administer the program, you will grow to appreciate them. For example, if you are looking at one of the low-end "wannabe" classified scripts that attempt to imitate e-Classifieds, ask yourself if the other program has the following features:
- Guide bar at the top of the page (i.e., Home > Classifieds > Category) to aid users in navigating your site
- Browse Ads option
- Advanced Search function (including date range searching, case sensitive searching, and more)
- Version checker
- Build information in the admin area
- Ability to preview new ads in the admin area
- Ability to modify ads from the admin area
- Ability to send out ad expiration notices from the admin area
- Ability to purge old ads from the admin area
- Ability to delete all ads from the admin area
- Ability for users to preview their ad before it is posted
- More detailed location information in the ads (street address, etc.)
- Telephone number displayed in ads
- Ability to post ads to multiple subcategories
- Headlines view of ads that includes date posted
- Display of number of matching ads found at the top of the ad results pages
- Context-sensitive help system that doesn't require the user to leave the page that they were on
- Windows NT/2000 support
- Ability to limit the number of words posted in each ad
- Logging of all user actions
- Spam Guard for blocking access to certain IP addresses or to prevent users from entering certain company names, e-mail addresses, URLs, etc.
- Duplicate checking to prevent users from entering the same ad multiple times
- Only one program file that controls all operations, which means much simpler installation and maintenance of the program
- Ability to strip out Server Side Includes (SSI) in user inputs (this is an important security feature that is missing from all other low end imitators)
- Option to allow or disallow HTML in ads
- Multiple options for running the maintenance routines
- Ability to strip out "bad words" as defined by the administrator
- Verification of e-mail addresses and URLs entered by users
- Support for European date formats
- Support for multiple currencies
- Multiple fee levels (one price for first ad, different price for additional ads)
- Ability to set maximum size in pixels for width and height of uploaded photos
- DataGuard to protect data integrity
No other program under $200 (except for our own e-Classifieds Standard Edition) has these features.
One other reason to choose the e-Classifieds Photo Edition is that it is part of a family of classified ads programs that includes our high-end, database-driven Corporate Edition, which offers unrivaled performance and features. As a result, it benefits from our expertise as the market leader in producing premium-quality web-based classifieds solutions. No one else can claim to have over 100,000 customers using their classified ads software, and no one else can claim to have the types of clients that we have, including many Fortune 500 companies. In addition, all of these programs share a similar interface, and registered owners of the Photo Edition are eligible for discounted upgrades to the higher versions. That way, you won't have to face the dilemma of either being forever locked into a low-end solution or having to pay full purchase price again later on to obtain a higher-end program, as you would if you were to purchase from one of our competitors, who do not even offer any high-end versions. No matter what your budget may be, we have a classifieds program designed for you.