e-Classifieds Standard Edition
Setting a new standard!
From $15.96 per month
The following features are included with the on-demand version of the e-Classifieds Standard Edition:
Fast and Easy Setup
- Since we install and configure the application for you, there is no software to download or install. Once you place your order, we set everything up and then send you the URL to click on to go to your classifieds.
- We include free installation, including creating your account as the administrator, setting up your flagship affiliate web site, and configuring general program settings based upon your domain name and the other information that you entered when you created your account. Your classified ads software is installed immediately when your account is created.
Free Hosting Forever
- We include free hosting of the application forever, for as long as you continue to use it
Free Support Forever
- We include free technical support forever, for as long as you continue to use the software
Free Upgrades Forever
- We include free upgrades forever, for as long as you continue to use the software
- Ensured proper working environment for the software with all necessary programming languages and modules pre-installed so that all software features and functions are guaranteed to "just work" right from the start
- You don't need to have any technical skills or staff to install or maintain the program
- You don't need to have any particular type of web server, server operating system, server permissions settings, programming language installed (such as Perl, PHP, ASP, Cold Fusion, etc.), cgi-bin access, or even a web hosting account at all
- "One stop shopping" means that everything is included so that, unlike with old fashioned "scripts", you don't have to deal with finger pointing between the hosting company and the software company or find that certain program functions don't work because the server doesn't have the correct libraries or modules installed
- The only thing that you need is a web browser!
Web Browser Support
- The application works with all modern web browsers, including Internet Explorer 5+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera 7+, Konqueror, and mobile browsers such as iOS (Safari), Android, and more.
- Scalable to 100,000 ads or more (This is a rough estimate of the recommended maximum number of ads that the program can handle without significant degradation in response times. There are no hard or absolute limits on the number of ads, but exceeding the number of ads listed here may result in slower responses to end users.)
- Allows you to define all of your top-level categories, as well as the subcategories within each category, through a web-based interface.
- Admin can also define unique data fields for each category.
- Subcategories are displayed on the front page
- Option to specify "price" (numeric) field for each category
User Registration System
- Allows users to register using a unique username and a password of their choice. Users are not forced to use their e-mail address as their username, as in some systems, which would create security holes and limit flexibility in signing up for certain features.
- Users can retrieve lost or forgotten usernames
- Users can retrieve lost or forgotten passwords
- Allows users to "mark" ads that they want to remember for future retrieval and viewing.
- Users can remove ads from their checklist at any time.
E-Mail Ad To A Friend
- Allows users to easily send ads of interest to their friends, which helps to boost traffic to your classifieds site.
- Allows users to upload multiple photos with their ads
- Admin can specify maximum number of photos that can be included in each ad
- Admin can set maximum file size of uploaded photos
- Admin can set maximum pixel size (width and height) of uploaded photos
- Program checks to make sure that uploaded photo is a valid .GIF or .JPG format
- Admin can turn off photo uploading
- Users can optionally search only for ads with photos
- Photos can be viewed, printed, and saved as real .GIF or .JPG files (some other programs do not allow viewing, printing, or saving the photos separately, which appear as a bunch of computer gibberish)
- Admin can choose how photos are displayed with the ads
- Photos can initially be displayed full-size with the ads
- Photos can initially be displayed as thumbnails with the ads
- Intelligent scaling of thumbnail photos. Admin also has option of using Auto-Scale, which causes the program to intelligently scale all uploaded photos so that they are less than 100 pixels, or to set a percentage (from 1-99) that the program should use to scale photos.
- Photos can be linked to from icons that are initially displayed with the ads
- Photo display in ads can be turned off
- HTML for photos is generated dynamically for smaller data file sizes, greater speed, and better scalability
- HTML for icons that link to photos is generated dynamically for smaller data file sizes, greater speed, and better scalability
- Users can upload audio files to their ads
- Users can upload video files to their ads
User Interface and Layout
- Sophisticated and attractive interface that is also intuitive and easy to use.
- Beautifully designed forms that are also intuitive and easy to use.
- Counters are displayed next to all category and subcategory listings so that users will know which categories or subcategories have ads in them without having to waste time "fishing" through empty categories
- Graphics included
- Administrator can change the general HTML layout for the various pages displayed by the program
- Includes "See Next X Ads" button below search results to help users move between different sections of their search results
- Our exclusive context-sensitive help is always accessible from the Help link in the navigation bars along the top and bottom of each page. It's smart enough to know what the user is trying to do and displays a popup window with helpful information related to the specific action that the user is trying to take. Better yet, it doesn't require your users to leave the page that they were on.
- Includes "Go Back" buttons on certain pages, such as error message pages.
- Guidebar at the top of the pages always keeps users informed of their location within the system.
- Categories widget
- Account Login widget
- View ads from the past day/week/month widget
- Site Stats widget
- Featured ads displayed on the front page
- Latest ads displayed on the front page
- Popular ads displayed on the front page
- Sign in or Register options in the upper right hand corner of the page
- Flexible page layout with 960 pixel width that scales all the way from smart phones to large screen monitors
- My Account page allows users to manage their account from a single page
- Our signature "Post ad" button on the right hand side of the page is always prominently displayed no matter where the user is located within the page or the program
- Easy customization of appearance of program through variables and subroutines for defining the HTML layout of all pages created by the program.
- Easy customization of categories through one variable.
- Many options for controlling the appearance of the ads, such as the table width, border size, background color, bar color, and various text colors and fonts.
- Many options for defining the colors of various tables, forms, and other displays throughout the program so that the administrator can change the appearance of the program much more easily.
- Includes our patent-pending, one-click, seamlessly integrated real-time credit card processing.
- Flexibility to set up free or fee-based classified ads listings.
- Granular fee-based system allows admin to define some categories as free categories while others are fee-based.
- Option of charging users for posting ads.
- Option to use credit card processing or e-mail invoices on fee-based systems
- Can optionally charge for renewals and allows admin to set amount of renewal charge. Admin can define some categories to allow free renewals while charging for renewals in other categories.
- Online Payments Manager allows admin to post payments received, post refunds received, and to send out past due notices to users who are behind in their payments
- Option to charge for featured ads
Ad Display Options and Features
- One variable defines the categories. The overall classifieds front page, ad posting form, and other pages are automatically generated using these settings, which makes it easier to change or modify categories without having to manually edit a number of HTML pages.
- The administrator can set variables for whether to limit users' ad renewals, the maximum number of renewals allowed, whether to charge for renewals, and the amount of the renewal charge.
- The administrator can set options for allowing users to choose from varying lengths of time that their ads remain posted on the system.
- Ability for administrator to set the default method for displaying the ads ("full size" or "headlines").
- Option for "headlines" display of ads to be displayed with or without the full text of each ad.
- Administrator can determine whether URLs in ads should be displayed as clickable links or plain text.
- Optional caption headers that can be turned on or off and have pre-set choices for the caption headers.
- Administrator has option of whether to allow HTML in the ads.
- Can display URLs and e-mail addresses as clickable links.
- Can display photos in ads.
- Ability to limit the number of words posted in each ad.
- Support for uploads by users of photos to their ads.
- Preview feature that allows users to preview their ad before it is posted.
- Initial modification and deletion pages allow user to enter specific ad number to be modified or deleted.
- Displays latest ads first
- Users have the option of displaying their postal address and telephone number in the ad
- Pretty date format display (e.g., "3 hours ago")
Expiration of Ads
- User can select from administrator-defined options for number of days before ads expire.
- Optional notification by e-mail to users whose ads are about to expire.
- Optional purging of ads that have expired.
- Ability for administrator to turn on or off the "Privacy Mail" feature throughout the classifieds. The Privacy Mail feature protects the e-mail addresses of users who post ads. Instead of displaying the poster's e-mail address in the ad, a "Reply to Ad" link is displayed. The person replying to the ad then sees a form and clicks on a submit button to send their reply to the original poster.
Searching and Viewing of Ads
- Optimized search engine for six different types of searches: browsing, keyword searches, category searches, retrieval of a specific ad by its database ID number, retrieval of one specific ad for modification, and full database power searches.
- Powerful searching capabilities that allow users to search for ads by several different fields.
- Contains search options for searching by keyword, by ads posted within the last x days, or by all ads. Also contains user-friendly Boolean logic search options on the keyword search form.
- Option to turn off full database searching.
- Contains short results format for ads with links to details (long format).
- Searches can be case sensitive or case insensitive.
- Ability to (optionally) use pre-defined caption headers that are also searchable on the Advanced Search form so that users can find specific types of ads ("For Sale", "Wanted", etc.)
- Newly optimized search engine that increases search speeds by a factor of 10 in some cases.
- Boolean searching (any words, all words, or exact phrase)
- Can display ads in short "Headlines" format or as full ads
- Allows users to specify whether they want to view ads as "headlines" or full ads
- Optionally logs all user actions, including posting, modifying, or deleting ads.
Additional User Posting and Searching Options
- A Privacy Mail feature that allows users to post personal ads without having to reveal their e-mail addresses. Users respond to these ads through a form.
- Users can modify or delete their own ads at any time. When modifying an ad, the current ad's information is automatically inserted in the modification form.
- Users have option of whether to display their street address and telephone number in their ads.
- Users have the option of searching only for ads with photos.
- Users can renew their ads based on pre-defined options.
- Users can choose from varying lengths of time that their ads remain posted on the system.
- Includes full, automatically configured e-mail services.
- System can automatically send e-mail notices to admin when users add, modify, or delete ads
- System can automatically send thank you notices to users who post or renew their ads
- System can automatically send invoices to users who post ads in fee-based categories
- Send Ad To A Friend feature allows users to further promote your classifieds site
- Admin can send past due notices via e-mail
- Admin can turn off all e-mailing by the program if necessary.
- Detailed e-mail message sent to the admin after a new ad is posted displays all ad fields
- Includes Spam Guard, which allows the administrator to block access based on partial or full IP addresses.
- Ability to block spammers by blocking specific company names, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses.
- Optional duplicate checking. This causes the program to check for duplicate ads when someone is posting a new ad and give them an error message if it finds a duplicate ad. This is useful for blocking spammers and those users who seem to like hitting the Submit button multiple times.
- Includes IP address logging in log files and in e-mail notices sent to the administrator.
- Administrator has option of whether to use the log files that monitor all user posts, modifications, and deletions of ads, including IP address logging.
- Optional image verification system (CAPTCHA) that helps to block automated spambots
Additional Administrative Controls
- Our exclusive Web-based Control Panel allows the admin to add, modify, or delete categories; define unique data fields for each category; delete or ban users; add, modify or delete user ads; add or replace the photo in any ad, review and activate ads awaiting approval; delete inactive users; send expiration notices; purge expired ads; view the mailing list, clear the mailing list, send out mass e-mails to subscribers, post payment information, view revenue statistics, and edit system variables and design options, all from a point-and-click graphical user interface. It even includes pop-up help for all administrative functions.
- Ability to define the administrator's title and the name of this classifieds site.
- Ability to optionally screen new ads by not making them immediately viewable until the administrator has approved them from a special form. They can also be deleted from that form.
- Ability to strip out Server Side Includes (SSI) in user inputs.
- Ability for administrator to turn on or off the "Privacy Mail" feature throughout the classifieds.
- Includes full file-locking.
- Dynamic generation of HTML pages (of course, you can still create regular static HTML pages if you really want to)
- Allows admin to define ad durations in any number of days (not just by the week or the month)
- Option to allow or disallow HTML in ads
- Built-in version checker allows the admin to check for new releases of the software
- System maintenance routines can easily be configured to run automatically.
- Benchmarking option
- All HTML is contained in the Header and Footer variables for complete control over all HTML used in the general page layout
- All databases use Unix timestamps for tracking the timing of various events for consistency and accuracy to the second
- Extensive data integrity measures (for example, try searching on "*", "c++", or certain other characters on any other classifieds program on the market and watch it blow up)
- Intelligent data handling that doesn't just "slurp" data into memory like virtually every other program out there, which causes memory overruns and data wipes in those programs. Due to the efficient manner in which e-Classifieds handles rewrites, your data is much better protected, and your system can scale higher.
- Session based design conceals your users' e-mail addresses and passwords
- Option to automatically send e-mail replies to users who post ads in order to validate ads.
- Optional notification by e-mail to the administrator when users post, modify, or delete ads, and when old ads are purged.
- Allows the administrator to easily modify or delete any ad at any time from the web interface.
- Ability to strip out "bad words" as defined by the administrator.
- Verifies e-mail addresses and URLs entered by users.
- Checks to make sure that users entered contact information.
- Can limit number of categories ad is posted to
- Can limit number of times an ad is renewed
- Can limit number of words per ad
- Can block duplicate ads
- Admin can ban abusive users from the system
- File locking (prevents data files from being written to by two different processes at once)
- Logoff option to prevent unattended, vulnerable user sessions when used at airports, kiosks, etc.
- Ability to set up country fields.
- Support for European date format (DD/MM/YYYY).
- Support for multiple currencies.
- Language display in the upper right hand corner of the page
- Elementary multilingual support
- "Images" are actually text plus CSS for "image" attributes such as text shadows in many places
- Overall page layout uses valid XHTML and CSS
In short, it's these and many other examples of intelligent design and careful thought that have gone into e-Classifieds. To see for yourself, please follow the link below to try out our online demo of the Standard Edition.